- Home brewing recipes for meads, fruit wines, dandelion wine
- Various art, craft, bead, and textile supplies to the right home (to be shared, not hoarded).
- Mens' large winter coat, pale grey/black. Well used and not pretty, but good warm work gear with years more service.
- Wisner Resources:
consulting, project support, train-the-trainer materials, professional services
- Shop: print and digital goods, for both general-audience and serious builders
- Custom Training/Education: can offer personal or small-group classes; help you develop your own business resources, manuals; or provide personal training or mentoring for select, high-potential candidates.
Unskilled / semi-skilled labor: Very limited/by arrangement
- Part-time substitute farmer / animal care / fire-wise landscaping help:
Erica often enjoys brief escapes from the home office to help Highland and Okanogan Valley neighbors. These arrangements are often repaid intrinsically (milk, fiber, fruits, sunshine, second-hand gear) instead of / in addition to cash.
The following items are available as gifts, no taxable cash value:
- Natural Plasters intensive training, on-site in Okanogan Highlands, early April 2017
- Highlands wintering-in / shelter-building projects, September 2017
- Boat building experience for select candidates
- Bone regrowth stimulator - 2006 model, available to licensed physician
- National Geographics and calendars for collage art
- Special diet recipes for whole-food, health food, and nutrient-dense treats: allergen-free, gluten-free, sugar-free or naturally sweetened.
- Cider press, racking pump, other tools available (some need TLC)
- Custom paper snowflakes on themes - for children, friends, party tricks.
- Printable notecards, fire art, photos/images.
So we might talk ourselves out of a job with you, yet toss you a key contact or information resource that saves you years of heartache and unnecessary expense.
If you want to be part of this wild ride, for higher-level benefits like karmic cleansing or a tax write-off, please consider approaching one of the following organizations with an offer to donate or volunteer on "Wisner projects":
Seven Fires - Wisner Living Legacy Fund
This organization supports all our work, but their umbrella is particularly useful for our efforts to sustain traditional skills, and for fund-raising and insurance when needed for travel, cultural exchange, First Nations, and tribal collaborations. PayPal to email@example.com, or see website for 501(c)3 tax ID and other details. www.7fires.org
Mt. Hull Fire Hall - OCFPD12@gmail.com - please contact before donating.
Mt. Hull Fire District protects our home and family, serves as a lifeboat or resource center for our neighborhood and community, and is Erica's "home team" for disaster response and public service. Approaching commissioners this spring about whether we can designate a "Mt. Hull Lifeboat Fund" that can be used for our current leadership transition, and ongoing community-building and recruitment for long-term resilience.
www.Permies.com - Always free to "lurk" or register, lots of great information in a carefully-moderated forum that encourages friendly conversation and discourages uncivil trolls.
Spirit of Grace - www.motaspirit.org - our home-away-from-home in Beaverton, Oregon. A good place for care packages and creative, all-colors-welcome spiritual community. Have not yet started a conversation about special projects/designated funds, but they are a beautiful place to work on creative, collaborative, volunteer-driven projects.
If you're ready for the next level, go for a premium membership by buying "PIE" slices, then give surplus pie to Erica Wisner for care and feeding of online minions.
If you are not an expert in the top 10% in your field, you will want to look mainly at the "labor" or "task" categories. Expect us to count any time we spend training/supervising your work on our side of the ledger, as part of the professional skills we are providing to you. We may consider an hour of our time to be worth up to 10 of yours, during the training phase. In some cases the amount of error, unproductive "labor," or cleanup involved may force us to declare a write-off, aborting the arrangement as not worth either party's time.
- Web Store Rescue (short-term)
- Integrated Web Site: mailing list, blog, Wisner Resources online shingle
- Virtual assistant(s) for online updates, marketing, task management
- Storage: Big clean tote bins (Rubbermaid or similar), a few tall tin cookie-jars, a couple more flat-file portfolios with mouse-resistant zips, a couple more bankers-box or portable file-boxes in sturdy materials (metal preferred).
- Clip boards, clear plastic document pouches/covers
- A big fat red paint marker (permanent, UV-resistant red paint for marking plastic/vinyl)- One more 4-drawer filing cabinet
- Organizing and bookkeeping help
- Excellent-condition chest freezer,
- Excellent-condition double-door style kitchen fridge
- Rugged 4WD or AWD vehicle for off-grid work (good-size truck/suv/van for hauling 30' boat or camper, sleep-in-the-back road trips, & service-dog camping)
- Natural silk thermal wear (we wear this to shreds when we can get it, size L or XL)
- XXXL gloves with extra-long fingers, for Ernie
- Fire Fighter Bras for Erica: A specialty or custom bra-maker (or corset-maker) who can work with Erica on all-natural, all-day, sports-bra options for lady fire fighters. (Synthetics melt, metals burn, cheap fabrics may cause heat rash or skin problems, bad engineering makes it hard to swing a pickaxe or drag hose while carrying full pack. Is there a master seamstress out there who makes custom, sturdy, working-gal gear for the extreme-o-philes willing to pay for it?)
Natural Building, Carpentry:
- Narrow book display for local store(s), about 9" to 10" wide, 2' to 4 feet tall (could be flat wall-hanger, or corner/whatnot style).
- Fold-out briefcase/suitcase sized display case/wooden rack for conferences, to hold standard DVD cases, larger books and binders up to 9" x 12".
- Framing and roofing help on-site in Okanogan Highlands (pro or semi-professional skill levels preferred; may include compound curves, gables/dormers)
- Foundations, drainage, leveling for shop floors (mostly manual labor at this stage)
- T-Shirt Design and Printing Coordinator for April 2017 pre-order setup
Task managers / creative teams:
- DVD printing and logistics
- Marketing/promotional work, value based on commission or effective results
- Video and audio recording team(s), editors, ongoing series of small projects
Office / Small Teams Managers:
- Summer volunteer program manager for Okanogan Highlands / Mt. Hull Lifeboat Project
- Housekeeping / ADL assistance (Okanogan Highlands)- Office manager for Wisner Resources (virtual or physical office) - looking for 1 or 2 strong executive assistants/partners, or one good manager to supervise a small team of paid and volunteer helpers for specific office tasks including scheduling, reception/secretarial, bookkeeping, and marketing. Currently on offer as contract occasional/part-time, could become full-time or payroll employee if the right small-business person joins the team.
- Erica misses regular Aikido (Aikikai) and would like to find good dojos in north-central Washington.
- Dogs: Radar (our dog, born just before January 2015) is ready to start his "real" work. But Erica is not 100% clear on his career options. Service, therapy, or S&R dog trainers - we are looking for a high-caliber expert to evaluate Erica and Radar, and point us toward the best path for public service training.
(This may be an invitation-only position, we are networking with local S&R and SARDUS trainers for recommendations.)
Peer-to-Peer and Advisory Roles:
- Small Business Incubator - peer-to-peer services, short trainings for rural small business owners on topics like web design, mail and online business, tax preparation, bookkeeping marketing
- Farm, Garden, and Animal Care specialists - for free-to-the-public community courses, scope of work negotiable (could just send flyers / give a 15-minute speakerphone presentation with Q&A)
- Cooking / food preservation classes, work parties (prep for guests / fire crew/ crisis pantry)
- Natural Plasters help in Okanogan Highlands, early April 2017
- Simple carpentry for freestanding structures like new wood shed, cold smoker
- Pond remediation assistance (both skilled advice and unskilled labor)
- Family heirloom recipes for sausage, smoked meats & cheeses, non-sugared preserves
- Million-dollar liability insurance policy (through 7fires.org?)
- Fund-raising or sponsorship for international skill-swap missions, research projects.
- Accredited professor(s) interested in supervising intern projects with our business or not-for-profit work
- A shiny new right leg for Ernie, pain-free and highly mobile
- A baby Wisner for Erica to raise
- An Ernie-accessible sailing catamaran (Ernie is 1.25 scale. 6'6" tall in bare feet, orthotics/crutches = 30" wide foot paths. Probably a 40 to 60 foot cargo-cat or livaboard.)
- A warm, clean-water, mossy-jungle or shallow-reef vacation for Ernie's 50th birthday in December 2018
Wisner Resources >