like a registry, but with more words.
We registered "officially" at REI & Mirador.
Thanks for all the lovely gifts & help!
"Natural Plasters" book and/or help.
Pigments from EcoHaus, esp. blues, primary colors.
Bath mat - white / blue, tough.
Dieter Schmid Fine Tools - esp. woodcarving.
REI (registered for adventure ;-)
We're married, we've moved in, Grandma's house has been sold, and we have all the "things" we need. Many thanks to all who helped to fill our new home with cheerful and delightful gifts, and pretty-as-a-picture memories.
Updated: Dec. 30, 2008
-Health insurance (last I checked, it cost at least $150/mo for private insurance. I'm looking for a job with benefits, or to massively increase the workshops and freelance writing gigs.)
- Slippers made of those giant woolley socks with leather soles sewed on.
- Replacement camera battery charger for Canon PowerShot SD600 "Digital Elph" camera
- Apple-compatible computer monitor, preferably a high-res flatscreen suitable for graphic work.
- Shampoo carpets in car.
- Softer floors in house. (Easily cleaned rubber mats?)
- Gramicci trousers - size 32" waist, 36" inseam. Prefer styles with flexible waist & insteam, but not with elastic cuffs please.
- Powells gift certificates ... books on wooden boat-building, early aircraft design... aquaculture ... "The Boat Building Manual" by Robert Steward, "Boat Building Techniques" by Richard Birmingham.
- electric assist motor for Ernie's WizWheels 'tadpole' trike (or an alternative scheme such as a handcycle/footcycle)
- socks that are ACTUALLY size 15 or 16, and not "10- 13."
Both of us:
Bassitt Auto: a car tune-up or gift certificate for general maintenance/repairs.
Hippo Hardware / Brass hooks or knobs for kitchen curtains
- LAN or Ethernet cable to bring internet from main house to office - approx. 50 feet. Wireless hub could be cool too.
- New laptop batteries - Toshiba Tecra 8100,
- help fixing up Dana house, office, garden, boats, bikes, etc.
- portable storage boxes:
Life and livelihood:
40' sailboat, 12-14' umiak (a lightweight skin-on-frame boat)
Chunk of land near navigable water, with patchy forest; big enough for multi-family teaching / retreat center.